Reborn

I wrote this during period one today, i was meant to be doing my ancient history assessment.

"Reborn.
There comes a time when things must change. But to be changed it must be destroyed. It is only natural to stop this, prevent it, but then again only natural to allow it to come to pass. Where do we draw the line? What is the human experience? To be blissfully happy? To enjoy the ride of life, up and down, across the mountains to really appreciate what we are all here for?

Everything seems so manageable on a lower dosage. I guess I can think, but not well enough. Now I can’t stop myself from thinking in a way- everything has so many possibilities and perspectives, options I suppose, and for an indecisive person this is even more crazy. However it has enabled me to think, process, do – which I really enjoy. Where is the balance though? The ability to feel all sensations, think through all possibilities is a wonder- amazement. But with that brings the added issue of control- how can I learn to monitor my thoughts? On a lower dose I can monitor it, because I guess I don’t have that many thoughts, but now, everything I think goes in a million different directions. I can’t stop thinking! Is this intelligence? Creativity?

I don’t seem to be satisfied with light hearted conversation anymore. I’m not satisfied with writing endless entries on my blog. I don’t know what it is, but I want something more. There are times where you just feel at ease, peaceful, ‘free’ in a sense, where everything is ok. Like on top of that rock at North Curl Curl. Or swimming in the ocean. Or lying on the veranda, with Denver curled up next to me watching the stars. Or on hiking/camping trips. Or playing your favourite song blasting out of speakers and dancing like a maniac. What is it? Am I missing something here? Is it staring me in the face and I’m too blind to see it? What am I trying to say? What am I trying to be? What am I experiencing?

Or am I simply asking too many questions, thinking too much? Maybe I just need to switch off and chill. I’ve discovered that I am in fact insecure, not modest, and there is a fine line that separates them both. I mean I am getting better, but I don’t understand why I care what people think. Yeah world, this is me. Get used to it… if I could only have that attitude on the inside.
Its like I’m on the verge of change. Or I’m nearly there to discovering something wonderful or insightful. Have you ever had that feeling? I feel like I’m nearly there, but I don’t know what there is or where ‘there’ is. Or I could just be extremely agitated and angsty against the world at the moment and none of this really makes sense at all. Too many thoughts!

I guess what I’m going to have to do is focus on each moment. Each day. And enjoy what I can, ride the waves, so to speak. Sometimes you get a good wave that takes you right into shore. Other times you get put through a washing machine. And sometimes one bad set comes in after another. Up and down. Emily, enjoy things for what they are, and enjoy each day as it comes. And maybe invest in a ‘pensive’, like Dumbledore’s… (RIP) "



***
And i could write a whole heap of stuff on top of that right now, but i'm sleepy.

0 comments: