Purity

When Danny K this morning at youth first mentioned 'impurity' I automatically thought of sexual purity and thats what i thought he was going to talk about. I almost tuned out because at the moment sexual purity is not something i am struggling with or really think about much (haha i don't really have anyone to think about in the first place :P). But when he went on, he was actually talked about impurities that can happen in the heart- the things that can distract you from God. The theme of this month at SG is prayer and worship, and he continued to say that if you have impurities in your heart, when you are in the time of worship it's harder to concentrate, because even though your eyes are closed and your mind is focusing on God, your heart will be trying to pull you somewhere else. I found that really interesting because sometimes i can get distracted and find it difficult to focus on God, so it got me thinking what was holding me back. What was distracting me? I'm still not really sure, but i think there is something in my life that i need to just let go of... I might have some idea of what it is... But i think what is really amazing about it is that God wants to have a relationship with all of me- not just my mind or part of my heart, but all of me. :)

Oh, here is a video on what is happening at youth next week, it looks great.



I think it will work!! (hopefully)

Tomorrow we start year 12! :)

0 comments: