Holidays

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd say hello from the south coast, from my grandparents house :D. The last three days have been so jam packed, but great none the less, and it has been wonderful to catch up with people and get to do some pretty cool stuff. "Pretty cool stuff" sounds very vague, but it encapsulates about everything I have done in the last 72 hours. I will try and quickly list what has happened:

  1. Unofficially became a year 12 on Thursday. Learnt how to sent up a tent and how to say goodbye to some amazing people. Also went to the beach (for the second day in the row) in celebration of finishing our exams!! On Wednesday it was a fantastic feeling that I had FINALLY finished my exams!!!
  2. Thursday night, my sister and I stayed up packing until about 11:30. On Friday morning we got up at 6:30 (groooaaan) to leave for Penrith. This short amount of sleep is an achievement in its self.
  3. FRIDAY! We got to Penrith, bumped into Kieren straight away!! It was really great to catch up with everyone... :D
  4. Heather and I left to get our haircut... weee.. my hair is now layered (finally) and looks great straightened or with a blowdry. At the moment it looks horrible, but I'm on holiday, so it doesn't really matter.
  5. Friday night, arrived in Canberra. Watched Ms Congeniality!! For the first time! Great movie. Caught up with Bethany, Jane and Chris. Felt right at home there. I really would love to spend more time there.
  6. Saturday- straightened my hair. Felt like a rockstar. I wore my red shoes- (how i love my red shoes...) and travelled to my grandparents house. (Down the south coast..). Went to my Mum's old high school and saw some of her old class mates! (it was my mums 30 years class of 77 or something reunion..) Met Ralph. He is so incredibly cool! My mum went to school with him.
  7. Sunday- MAGIC MOUNTAIN! (Small Amusement park) SO MUCH FUN! I went on the Go Karts, the silver slidey thing, the roller coaster seven times in a row (i was really dizzy afterwards...), the maze, the slipperydip with carpet and mini golf. I did these activites several times, and my sister has now decided that she won't come in a car with me because i didn't use the break in the go karts. hahahaha. I was really proud that i defeated my fear of rollercoasters (even if this was a small one..). Caught up with Lilly, Trish, Andrew, Meg and Kate. After that we had CHOCOALTE PADDLEPOPS! and then went to Trish's to watch the football. *tear* Manly. At least we came second!! But i can't BELIEVE what happened to player number one!! :O! I think he has a right side brain injury, because his right hand kept curling up.
  8. So now I sit on Monday at my Pa's computer typing away. I've started reading "The Power of One' and it is an amazing book. Really confronting. It's made me go teary a few times, and i have only read about 150 pages!!!

I've dressed up the last two days, which has been great, it makes so feel like you are on top of the world. But right now I am sitting in my tracksuit pants and my U2 tour tshirt and this feels just as good. To think that I will be in Year 12 next term doing work that counts towards my HSc is kind of daunting, but I'm coming into terms with it more and more. I guess all my previous years of schooling and life experience has been preparing me for this time, this chapter in my life. And there is no use fearing it, but embracing it. I know i can freak out saying next year I'll be 18 etc, but i think i am just going to enjoy life now. Not worry about the future. The future will come, and I'm just going to trust God in the future, and hope that the decisions and paths i step and carve now will carry me into the right future. This is our time. Our HSC. Let's embrace and make the best of it.. :)

0 comments: