21st April, 9:28am

Truth 101: I am human.
How do we define 'human'?
A collection of us = humanity.
Individual= human.
Is being human admitting you are able to make mistakes?
Is an awareness of the human state acknowledging our weakness?
Politicians talk about changing the world.
Always talking about how we can make a difference.
But doesn't the notion of we eliminate individual responsibility?

On facebook I have 228 friends.
How many of them do I see regularly?
I'd say around 8 of them.
So what is the point in calling 220 of those people friends?
Sounds harsh, but I may 'write on someones wall' .
Upload a photo of me being an idiot.
But do I really know any of these people?
Should I believe the online persona that I, and others, create of themselves?
Because life isn't perfect.
And it isn't all happy snaps.
And yet I continue to believe it, and be sucked in by the facebook world.

Don't get me wrong.
It's amazing to stay in contact.
But it's all meaningless.
And appearances.

Do people really want to know how each other are?
Or just want people to see they have an online social life?
That they get comments?
And that they have thousands of friends.

I think I need to take a step back from the online world.
This blog included.
And maintain real relationships- not just comments and pokes.
I guess I miss people, interactions, laughter.
Not 'lols'.

So my challenge to myself today is:
To take charge of what I am doing.

0 comments: